If you’re looking for a flavorful and satisfying meal, look no further than Ricotta and basil stuffed chicken breast. This dish is easy to prepare and can be baked or grilled, making it perfect for any occasion. Plus, the combination of creamy ricotta cheese, fragrant basil, and savory sun-dried tomatoes are sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters.
Here’s how to make Ricotta and basil stuffed chicken breast:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Garlic powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) or heat up your grill to medium-high heat.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken breasts and slice a pocket into the side of each breast, being careful not to slice all the way through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stuff the mixture into the pockets of the chicken breasts and secure them with toothpicks or kitchen twine.
- Coat the chicken breasts with olive oil or melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish or on a greased grill rack and cook for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven or grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin slices and serve with your choice of side dishes, such as roasted vegetables or a salad.
This recipe can be easily tailored to suit your tastes and dietary needs. You can also experiment with different fillings or seasonings to keep things interesting. So next time you’re looking for a tasty, nutritious dish that will leave you feeling full and satisfied, try out this recipe for Ricotta-and-basil stuffed chicken breasts!